- Students study the history of the church and the sacraments.
- They participate in liturgical celebrations and Christian service to the community.
- Students read fairy tales, myths, folktales, legends and fables from around the world.
- They learn to write a simple paragraph and use cursive handwriting.
- Students calculate using addition, subtraction, multiplication, and addition.
- Students study measurement and geometry using the tools and units of measure for length, volume and weight.
- Students study physical science, both energy and matter.
- They study life science and learn about God as the Creator.
- They learn about environmental adaptations and study objects in the sky.
- Students investigate the diversity of cultures and traditions within communities.
- They also study "Human Rights".
Additional Program Highlights
Students in grades K-6 receive music instruction once a week. Students learn to apply vocal and instrumental musical skills in performance. Performance ensembles include the handbell choir, recorder consort and the school choir for grades 2 and up.
Students receive weekly computer instruction in the school lab. Classes focus on computer literacy and safety, keyboarding skills, word processing and desktop publishing.
Students in grades K-6 receive weekly instruction in art. Students in grades K-5 are also a part of the ArtsConnect program offered through the Orange County Performing Arts Center.
After-school classes provide theatrical training for 5th through 8th grade students. Fall and Spring Productions offer students the opportunity to perform for live audiences.
The Spanish language is taught through group interaction and fun activities. The lessons include pronunciation, intonation, and basic grammatical structures. The goal is an appreciation of the Spanish language, culture, and basic conversational skills
Physical Education & Sports Offerings
Students participate in physical education class twice per week. Physical fitness and team work are focal points of the instruction. Competitive team sports and cheerleading are available to students in grades 5-8. Sports include: football, basketball and volleyball for boys and volleyball, basketball and softball for girls.
Third Grade Teachers Contact Info
|Third Grade Teachers||Name||Phone|
|3A||Mrs. Pham||714-557-5060 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|3B||Mrs. Costello||714-557-5060 ext. email@example.com|