Children’s Choir Grades 2-5
Children’s Choir Participation Guidelines
The Children’s Choir is open to all students in grades two through five. There are no auditions. We ask that students not only attend rehearsals but participate in the Sunday Masses and performance events scheduled on the calendar. Only students who commit to the attendance requirements below will be issued a robe.
- Attend rehearsals and events that are scheduled unless prior notice is given to the director.
- Sign the attendance log at each rehearsal and performance.
- Students must be picked up promptly at the end of rehearsals or they will be sent to extended care for supervision.
Members are expected to display appropriate behavior during Mass and rehearsals. Students will receive a written warning of dismissal from the choir in the event of inappropriate behavior or failure to attend scheduled rehearsals or Masses.
- Rehearsals are Thursdays from 2:35 p.m. to 3:45 p.m.
- The choir sings once a month at the Sunday - 11:00 a.m Family Mass
Clover Choir Grades 6-8
- Audition and by Invitation
- Participation Guidelines and 2011-2012 schedule are now available.
- A signed contract is required to participate.
- Rehearsals are Mondays 2:45 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
SJB Recorder Ensemble
- Auditions and Rehearsals TBA
- The recorder consort plays for student body Masses and scheduled Sunday Masses.
Student Handbell Choir Grades 7-8
- Participation Guidelines and schedule for 2011-2012 are available in the Music Room.
- A signed contract is required to participate Rehearsals are held during school on Monday from 12:50 p.m. to 2:40 p.m.
Student Cantors Grades 5-8
Student cantors play an important role in the liturgy by leading the assembly in sung prayer. All student cantors must display responsible behavior, be poised and have good tone, pitch and diction.
The Cantor Ministry is for those who are self-motivated. Cantors must be prepared to practice independent of the director. No cantor will be placed on the weekly schedule without demonstrating competent vocal leadership skills. Cantors must attend all scheduled sessions. There will be a monthly Mass schedule posted in the music room. Cantors are to be well groomed and dressed in regulation school uniform on scheduled Mass days (No PE shorts and shirts) For girls, hair is to be pulled back and away from the face and skirts are to be school regulation length.
Pick up any music necessary for the Mass in plenty of time to practice. Cantors are responsible for organizing their own music. Folders will be provided. Contact the director if you need additional help with the music. Any cantor on the ineligibility list will return to the ministry when they become eligible for extra- curricular activities.
Note: Please review the Academic Eligibility for Extracurricular in the student handbook
- By audition only.
- Must attend all scheduled classes and rehearsals.