History

historySt. John the Baptist School was opened in 1959 as a parish school of the Archdiocese of Los Angeles and staffed by the Sisters of Mercy. The Congregation was founded in Ireland in 1829, by Catherine McAuley, for the service of the people of God. Sr. Mary Vianney Ennis, SM, the school's current principal, arrived in 1962, and through her many years of teaching and administration epitomizes St. John's ongoing commitment to the spiritual, moral and academic welfare of its students.

In 1977 the Diocese of Orange was erected by Pope Paul VI and the school came under the jurisdiction of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the new diocese. Msgr. Daniel Brennan, who was in residence at St. John's from 1975 until his death in 2003, made notable contributions of his  time and energy to the school.

In 2002 the Norbertine Fathers were invited by Bishop Tod Brown to administer St. John the Baptist Parish and School. The Order was founded in 1121 by St. Norbert of Xanten, and has been educating youth for about nine centuries. The Norbertine Fathers work side by side with the Sisters of Mercy to ensure the continuation of the school's long tradition of faith and academic excellence.

history_frRobIn 1977 the Diocese of Orange was erected by Pope Paul VI and the school came under the jurisdiction of the Superintendent of Catholic Schools for the new diocese. Msgr. Daniel Brennan, who was in residence at St. John's from 1975 until his death in 2003, made notable contributions of his  time and energy to the school.

In 2002 the Norbertine Fathers were invited by Bishop Tod Brown to administer St. John the Baptist Parish and School. The Order was founded in 1121 by St. Norbert of Xanten, and has been educating youth for about nine centuries. The Norbertine Fathers work side by side with the Sisters of Mercy to ensure the continuation of the school's long tradition of faith and academic excellence.