- Students focus on developing a deeper understanding of the Catholic faith through the study of the Ten Commandments.
- Using the Open Court literature-based reading program, students integrate reading, writing and phonics.
- Literary works are integrated into the study of California history.
- Students develop a greater understanding of fractions, decimals, whole numbers, geometry, algebra, measurement and problem-solving.
- Students learn about life science, physical science, earth science and health.
- Students learn the history of California in terms of the state's vast and varied geography, waves of immigration, continuous diversity, and continuing rapid growth.
Additional Program Highlights
- Trip to Sacramento, CA
- Kindergarten buddies
- Pioneer Days
- Trip to San Juan Capistrano Mission
Students in grades K-6 receive music instruction once a week. Students learn to apply vocal and instrumental musical skills in performance. Performance ensembles include the handbell choir, recorder consort and the school choir for grades 2 and up.
Students receive weekly computer instruction in the school lab. Classes focus on computer literacy and safety, keyboarding skills, word processing and desktop publishing.
Students in grades K-6 receive weekly instruction in art. Students in grades K-5 are also a part of the ArtsConnect program offered through the Orange County Performing Arts Center.
After-school classes provide theatrical training for 5th through 8th grade students. Fall and Spring Productions offer students the opportunity to perform for live audiences.
The Spanish language is taught through group interaction and fun activities. The lessons include pronunciation, intonation, and basic grammatical structures. The goal is an appreciation of the Spanish language, culture, and basic conversational skills
Physical Education & Sports Offerings
Students participate in physical education class twice per week. Physical fitness and team work are focal points of the instruction. Competitive team sports and cheerleading are available to students in grades 5-8. Sports include: football, basketball and volleyball for boys and volleyball, basketball and softball for girls.
Fourth Grade Teachers Contact Info
|Fourth Grade Teachers||Name||Phone|
|4A||Miss Newland||714-557-5060 ext. email@example.com|
|4B||Mrs. Kelly||714-557-5060 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|