- Students learn that Jesus teaches us about God's love.
- They also celebrate God's love in their parish through the sacraments.
- Students learn about their community, country and world.
- They also learn ways to work with each other to make a difference in their community.
- Students use phonics and word recognition to achieve fluent oral and silent reading.
- They use comprehension strategies as they read a variety of materials and learn to respond and analyze.
- Students write paragraphs with a central idea, using correct grammar and punctuation appropriate to grade level.
- Students learn the differences between solids, liquids, and gases (physical science).
- They learn about plants and animals and the human body (life science).
- They also study rocks, soil and how to care for their planet (earth science).
- Students understand and use numbers up to 100 and demonstrate addition and subtraction skills.
- They learn to use measurement, geometry, graphs and reasoning to make decisions to solve problems.
Additional Program Highlights
Students in grades K-6 receive music instruction once a week. Students learn to apply vocal and instrumental musical skills in performance. Performance ensembles include the handbell choir, recorder consort and the school choir for grades 2 and up.
Students receive weekly computer instruction in the school lab. Classes focus on computer literacy and safety, keyboarding skills, word processing and desktop publishing.
Students in grades K-6 receive weekly instruction in art. Students in grades K-5 are also a part of the ArtsConnect program offered through the Orange County Performing Arts Center.
After-school classes provide theatrical training for 5th through 8th grade students. Fall and Spring Productions offer students the opportunity to perform for live audiences.
The Spanish language is taught through group interaction and fun activities. The lessons include pronunciation, intonation, and basic grammatical structures. The goal is an appreciation of the Spanish language, culture, and basic conversational skills
Physical Education & Sports Offerings
Students participate in physical education class twice per week. Physical fitness and team work are focal points of the instruction. Competitive team sports and cheerleading are available to students in grades 5-8. Sports include: football, basketball and volleyball for boys and volleyball, basketball and softball for girls.
First Grade Teachers Contact Info
|First Grade Teachers||Name||Phone|
|1A||Miss Mancino||714-557-5060 ext. email@example.com|
|1A||Miss Snelgrove||714-557-5060 ext. firstname.lastname@example.org|
|1B||Mrs. Ricketts||714-557-5060 ext. email@example.com|