Students in grades K-6 will receive music instruction once a week. Students will learn to:
- Read, notate, compose, arrange, listen and describe music using the vocabulary of music
- Apply vocal and instrumental musical skills in performance
- Explore the role of music in past and present cultures throughout the world
- Derive meaning from works of music
- Develop creative skills in problem solving and time management that will contribute to lifelong learning
Textbook: Share to Music, Macmillan/McGraw-Hill Share the Music is a sequentially developed, integrated music program designed for students in grades K-8. This music program is in alignment with the philosophy and content goals of the California Visual and Performing Arts Framework.